How to overcome cockroach bait resistance
Cockroaches are highly adaptable pests. Their ability to survive tough conditions and adjust their food preferences is a challenge for pest management professionals (PMPs), and a headache for home and business owners. To properly control cockroaches, PMPs need to be prepared with solutions that can manage potential aversion and resistance issues. That’s why Syngenta provides Advion® Evolution, Optigard® Cockroach and Advion Cockroach gel baits to give PMPs a proven arsenal to help eliminate cockroaches.
- Features the same trusted active ingredient (indoxacarb) and MetaActive™ effect as Advion Cockroach
- Demonstrates faster insect mortality with a highly attractive bait matrix
- Provides effective clean-out treatments for large infestations
- Features a unique active ingredient, emamectin benzoate
- Utilizes two different target sites to control cockroaches
- Works faster than baits with an abamectin active ingredient
- Is the number one cockroach gel bait on the market
- The MetaActive effect is only activated within target insects, meaning non-target insects are unaffected
- Non-repellent formulation controls even bait-averse cockroaches
Craft a rotation strategy
The key to eliminating cockroach populations is overcoming their adaptability. Manage potential bait aversion and resistance with a rotation strategy using Advion Evolution or Advion Cockroach for three months, followed by Optigard Cockroach for three months. This rotation of active ingredients will keep up with the three-month life cycle of a German cockroach and stay ahead of bait aversion and resistance.
Build your rotation plan and keep cockroaches under control with cockroach solutions from Syngenta. Learn more at SyngentaPMP.com/CockroachSolutions or contact your local Syngenta territory manager.
©2019 Syngenta. Important: Always read and follow label instructions. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties and/or may have state-specific use requirements. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration and proper use. Advion®, For Life Uninterrupted™, Optigard® and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Syngenta Customer Center: 1-866-SYNGENT(A) (796-4368).